Project Role: PowerShell AD – IT Administrator
Project Role Description: The PowerShell AD – IT Administratorwill be responsible for supporting and improving our Active Directory (AD) environment using PowerShell scripting. The role requires a deep understanding of AD architecture and administration, as well as significant experience with PowerShell scripting. The candidate must be able to work effectively as part of a project team, prioritize tasks, and communicate complex technical issues to non-technical stakeholders.
Work Experience: 5 years
Work location: India
Must Have Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory (AD) architecture and administration.
- Expertise in PowerShell scripting and automation.
- Understanding of group policies, security principles, and best practices related to AD administration.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex AD issues and errors.
- Experience with AD maintenance, including patching, updates, and security scans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with other IT teams and end-users.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with other Microsoft technologies such as Exchange, SCCM, and SharePoint is a plus.
- Relevant certifications such as MCSE or MCSA are also desirable.
Good To Have Skills :
- Knowledge of other Microsoft technologies, such as Exchange Server and SharePoint, and how they integrate with Active Directory
- Familiarity with PowerShell module development and deployment
- Experience with Azure Active Directory and Microsoft 365 administration
- Understanding of DNS, DHCP, and IP addressing
- Knowledge of ITIL principles and best practices for IT service management
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and automation tools such as Azure DevOps and Git
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as Azure or AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Work closely with the project team to support and improve the AD environment using PowerShell scripting
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex AD issues and errors.
- Develop and maintain PowerShell scripts to automate AD administration tasks.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure AD is integrated and functioning correctly with other systems.
- Create and maintain documentation for AD administration processes and procedures.
- Participate in project meetings and provide technical guidance to the team regarding AD-related issues.
- Perform regular AD maintenance, including patching, updates, and security scans.
- Provide technical support and guidance to end-users regarding AD issues.
- Develop solutions, Prepare Presentations, and present them to all stakeholders.
- Technical skills: A PowerShell AD – IT Administrator must have a strong technical background with extensive experience in Active Directory administration and architecture, as well as PowerShell scripting and automation.
- Analytical skills: The candidate must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues related to AD.
- Attention to detail: Attention to detail is crucial for an AD administrator, as even small mistakes can have significant consequences for the organization’s security and functionality.
- Communication skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential for an AD administrator to effectively communicate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders, work collaboratively with other IT teams, and provide technical guidance to end-users.
- Organizational skills: The candidate must have strong organizational skills to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and create and maintain documentation for AD administration processes and procedures.
- Adaptability: An AD administrator must be able to adapt to changing environments, technologies, and business requirements, and be open to learning new skills and techniques.
- Teamwork: The candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team, collaborate effectively with other IT professionals, and share knowledge and expertise with team members.
- Professionalism: The candidate must have a strong work ethic, be reliable and accountable, and adhere to industry standards and best practices in AD administration and security.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related area or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Active Directory administration and architecture.
- Relevant certifications such as MCSE or MCSA are a plus
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time Management
- Continuous learning