Project Role: Junior Azure Administrator
Project Role Description: Junior Azure Administratorwill be responsible for performing a range of tasks, including monitoring, managing, and troubleshooting Azure-based systems, as well as assisting with the development of new Azure-based solutions. You will also be expected to keep up-to-date with the latest Azure features and capabilities and to provide recommendations to the team on how best to leverage these to improve the overall Azure environment.
Work Experience: 5 – 7 years
Work Location: INDIA or MEXICO or USA
Must Have Skills:
- Azure services: Familiarity with the core Azure services such as virtual machines, storage, networking, and databases.
- Azure Resource Manager: Understanding of the Azure Resource Manager (ARM) and the ability to create, deploy, and manage Azure resources using ARM templates.
- Azure Active Directory: Knowledge of Azure Active Directory (AAD) and its integration with other Azure services.
- PowerShell: Basic understanding of PowerShell scripting language and its use in managing Azure resources.
- Azure Monitor: Familiarity with Azure Monitor and the ability to use it to monitor Azure resources and set up alerts.
- Security: Basic understanding of Azure security, including role-based access control (RBAC) and Azure Security Center.
- Networking: Understanding of Azure networking concepts such as virtual networks, subnets, and network security groups (NSGs).
- Backup and Recovery: Basic knowledge of Azure backup and recovery services such as Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup.
- Troubleshooting: Ability to troubleshoot issues with Azure resources and provide resolutions to customers.
- Communication: Good communication skills to work collaboratively with other teams and to communicate effectively with customers.
Good To Have Skills:
- DevOps & SRE: Familiarity with DevOps and/or SRE practices, tools, and methodologies to streamline the development and deployment of Infrastructure Services.
- Innovation: The ability to think creatively and to come up with innovative solutions is valuable for an IT Infrastructure Practice Leader. This includes a willingness to experiment with new technologies and to take risks in order to drive innovation and growth.
- Soft skills: Strong interpersonal skills, including teamwork, to work effectively with stakeholders and team members.
- Monitor Azure-based systems and infrastructure, including servers, databases, networks and applications, to ensure that they are running smoothly and performing optimally
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as applying patches, updates and backups to Azure-based systems
- Troubleshoot issues with Azure-based systems, identifying the root cause of problems and implementing appropriate solutions
- Assist in the development and implementation of new Azure-based solutions, working closely with developers and other stakeholders to ensure that these are aligned with business requirements and best practices
- Keep up-to-date with the latest Azure features and capabilities, making recommendations to the team on how best to leverage these to improve the overall Azure environment
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders, including IT support staff and business users, to ensure that Azure-based systems are meeting their needs and requirements
- Maintain documentation of Azure-based systems, including architecture diagrams, configurations and procedures
- Participate in on-call rotations and provide after-hours support when necessary
- Strong Technical Skills: Junior Azure Administrators should have strong technical skills in Azure cloud services, networking, security, and virtualization. They should also have experience in managing and troubleshooting Azure services, managing storage and databases, and deploying applications.
- Problem-solving Skills: Junior Azure Administrators should be able to analyze problems, identify the root cause, and develop effective solutions. They should also have experience in troubleshooting Azure services, resolving issues, and implementing corrective actions.
- Communication Skills: Junior Azure Administrators should have excellent communication skills to effectively interact with different stakeholders such as team members, clients, and management. They should be able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Time Management Skills: Junior Azure Administrators should be able to manage their time effectively to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and work on multiple projects simultaneously. They should also be able to work under pressure and manage their workload efficiently.
- Attention to Detail: Junior Azure Administrators should have a strong attention to detail and be able to perform tasks accurately. They should also be able to document their work clearly and comprehensively.
- Team Player: Junior Azure Administrators should be able to work well in a team environment and collaborate effectively with other team members. They should also be open to learning new skills and sharing their knowledge with others.
- Customer Service Skills: Junior Azure Administrators should have excellent customer service skills to interact with clients, understand their requirements, and provide effective solutions to their problems. They should also be able to provide timely and professional support to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of Azure services, including virtual machines, storage,
- etworking, and database services
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Understanding of cloud security best practices
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps and Git
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and practices
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Time management skills
- Customer focus
- Flexibility and adaptability